Vizio TVs are among the most popular smart TVs available on the market. It offers access to numerous streaming services as well as free channels. It can also be used to display games consoles, streamers or different HDMI devices.
But, Vizio smart TV users have asked if there’s an Vizio internet application as well as an web browser on the Vizio television. In this tutorial we’ll explain how to enable wireless connectivity and also enable an internet browser for the Vizio TV.
Are There Browsers Available For Vizio Smart TVs?
No. Presently, Vizio smart TVs do not come with an integrated or an internet browser that is downloadable. As with other smart TVs Vizio is more focused on the compatibility of streaming apps and services, rather than internet browser support.
But, you could explore other methods of using an internet-based browser via you Vizio TV. This involves purchasing an streaming gadgetwith an online browser download–such as that of the Amazon Fire Stick–and connecting your phone’s browser with the Vizio smart TV using the screen casting.
How to connect your Vizio Smart TV to Wi-Fi
A reliable connectivity to the internetis vital to the smart TV’s functions and applications. Therefore, before you are able to access an internet browsing app on your Vizio TV it is necessary to connect with the wireless networks first. To connect your smart TV from Vizio to Wi-Fi Follow these steps:
- Switch On the Vizio TV and then press the Menubutton on the Vizio remote.
- Click on Network, then Network Connection and choose Wireless..
- Select the Wi-Fi network’s by its nameand create the WI-FI password.
- The Vizio TV will now be connected to Wi-Fi in the near future.
Making an Internet Browser available On the Vizio Smart TV
As we mentioned before, Vizio smart TVs don’t come with a built-in or accessible internet browser. However, you could try these options below to install an internet-based browser on the Vizio TV using a streaming device such as a smartphone, computer, or. Be sure to go through each method below to determine which one is the most effective for the Vizio smart TV.
Method 1: Use A Recording Device
Another way to access Internet browsers on the Vizio TV is to use the use of a streamer. Select your Amazon Fire Stickor similar streaming devices that have the ability to use browsers.
To access the internet browser available on Amazon Fire Stick on your Vizio TV, proceed to these steps:
- Switch on your smart TV from Vizio using your Amazon Fire Stick streaming device connected.
- Utilizing your Fire Stick remote, select the option to searchon on the main screen, and select the Search option..
- Enter the keywords into Silk Browserand select the app icon. Select to download.
- After installation, launch the application. Now you can access an online browser with the Vizio TV via a streaming device.
This method doesn’t use your Vizio remote this is ideal in the event that it’s stopped functioning (or your dog eaten the remote!).
Method 2: Share the Internet Browser from your Smartphone or PC to Vizio Smart TV using Screen Casting
Another method of accessing the restricted or unavailable apps and applications and Vizio TV is screen casting. To cast your smartphone and your Vizio TV ensure you connect both of them to the the same Wi-Fi network. Also, ensure that the Google Homeapp is installed on your phone.
To connect your phone’s web browser with Vizio TV via screen casting just follow these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Open Google Homeon your phone and then select the option to cast audio or screen.
- Select the Vizio Smart television among the available devices , then click “cast my screen”. The screen on your phone will be transferred onto you Vizio TV.
- Open your phone’s default web browser and navigate to your preferred website.
To accomplish this on you computer follow these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Then, switch on your computer, and make sure that your smart TV as well as your computer are connected via the same wireless connection..
- Open Google Chromeon your PC and click the Settings (three vertical dots)icon on the window’s upper-right corner.
- Click the Cast optionand then click “cast to”.
- Select your Cast Desktopand choose the VIzio TVbelow to Cast to.
- It is now possible to view the Google Chrome window will now appear in the Vizio TV.
- Now, you are able to navigate to the site you’d like to visit.
At the moment, Vizio smart TVs do not support internet browsers. However, you may use other methods to access an internet browser on your TV externally. This guide should help you access an internet-based browser on Vizio TV using easy-to-do methods.
“Hey, My name is Richard Walker and I’ve been immersed in the world of technology for the past decade. During that time, I’ve had the opportunity to work on and support some of the most widely used products out there. With my extensive knowledge and experience, I know how to troubleshoot and fix any tech issues that may arise. I’m helping you find the answers you need, so don’t hesitate to reach visit our blog.