Alright, so there is no denying the fact that Xiaomi is one of the most popular brands of Smartphones right now. This popularity is primarily due to the devices the company comes up with at quite affordable and aggressive pricing. Now, it looks like you are someone who is using a Xiaomi Device, Well, that’s great! Xiaomi does have some great offerings. Now, if you are someone who wants to get the most out of your Android Device, then the first thing that you should do is Root your device.
Well, the first thing that you will have to do is unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Android Device. The process of unlocking the bootloader might seem hard to some. Well, if you ask us, we will say that it is not difficult at all. All you need to do is simply follow all the steps carefully. Today, in this post, we would be covering on How To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices. So without any further, we do, let’s top into it. Should we?
How To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices
Now, before we get straight to the steps which you need to follow in order to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices, let us actually take a look at some of the prerequisites. Should we?
Here are some of the prerequisites which you will need in order to Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi Device:
- You should have a Desktop PC or a Laptop for this guide.
- Make sure that your Xiaomi Device have at least 60% of charge left.
- You also need to have the latest ADB and Fastboot Drivers installed on your PC.
- An active Internet Connection.
Once you have the above prerequisites, you are all set to Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi Device. Let us now get straight to How to apply for bootloader unlocking permissions. Should we?
How to apply for Bootloader Unlocking permissions?
Now, in order to apply for bootloader unlocking permissions, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to go to the Mi Unlock page in the browser on your PC.
- Here, you need to click on the Unlock Now button.
- Now, you need to log in to your Xiaomi Mi Account which is linked to your Xiaomi Device. Enter the username and password and click on the Login button. Now, if you don’t have a Mi-Account then you can simply create one and link it with your existing Xiaomi Device.
- You should now see a form on the screen of your PC. Quickly fill out the form. But make sure that you fill in all the details correctly and most importantly, “A Valid Reason for unlocking bootloader”.
- Once you have filled in all the details, you need to click on the Apply now button in order to submit the form.
- You should now receive a confirmation code on your Xiaomi Device. Simply enter the code on the website in order to proceed further.
- Now, you need to wait until your request gets approved.
You will receive an SMS on the registered mobile number as soon as your request for unlocking bootloader has been accepted. Now, it may take a while, so you need to be patient. Anyways, once your request has been approved, you can follow the steps to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Device.
How to Unlock Bootloader Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool
Now comes the second part of the guide. In this part we will be actually unlocking the bootloader of a Xiaomi Device, Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to download and install the latest version of the Mi Flash Unlock tool on your PC.
- Once you have downloaded the zip file, extract it using any Zip compression utility software on your PC.
- Now, you need to run the MiFlashUnlock.exe file.
- On the disclaimer window, agree to the disclaimer by clicking on the I agree button.
- Now, you need to login to your MI Account. Please note that you should use the same Mi Account using which used while applying for the Unlock Permissions.
- On your Xiaomi Android Device, you need to go to the Settings > Additional settings > Developer options.
If you don’t find the Developer Options, go to the Settings > About Phone > tap 7 times on the Build Number until you see a message which says You are now a developer.
- Enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking options in the Developer Options.
- Once done, you need to boot your Xiaomi Device into the Bootloader Mode. You can do so by turning off your Xiaomi device and turning it back on by holding volume down + power keys at the same time.
- Now, you need to connect your Xiaomi Android Device to your PC via a USB Cable.
- The Mi Flash Tool should now detect your Android Device.
- Once that’s done, you need to click on the Unlock button in order to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Device.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Once completed, you need to click on the Reboot Device to reboot your Xiaomi Device.
- That’s it! You can now disconnect your Xiaomi Device from your PC since your bootloader has been unlocked successfully.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices. We hope that you found this post useful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic. Then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.