Alexa is always attentive! This is the case to a certain extent. Since it is designed to react to the wake word as fast as it can, it is always in a listening mode.
It’s been seen as a threat to privacy. But, not if continue to delete all conversations on Alexa frequently. You may also erase your voice history, notifications or voice recordings, or even your shopping notification to stay in a better position.
If you own an Amazon Echo devices, or any other smart device that is compatible with Alexa Here’s how to erase Alexa notification.
If you’re getting dissatisfied with the constant notification from Alexa on your device as well as the yellow flashing bright one each when something happens There’s an option to block the notifications from appearing.
There are two methods to remove Alexa notifications:
You can instruct Alexa to erase notifications, provided that you are certain you want all them to be removed. To do this, simply say, “Alexa, remove all my notification’.
Then, Alexa will respond with its confirmation message with a fancy way to which you simply respond ‘Yes’ and your notifications will be erased.
Another option is to request Alexa to look over your messages by telling her, “Alexa, read my notifications”. As a response, Alexa will read all of your notifications that you are able to opt not to pay any attention. This will result in all your Alexa notifications go away, i.e. remove the notifications.
You can decide to never need to delete Alexa notifications for the rest of your life. You will be able to avoid the constant Alexa shouting and also eliminate the blinking yellow lights too.
If you want to do that you can disable notifications. Follow the steps below to accomplish this:
- Launch your Alexa app and navigate the ‘ Settings‘ by pressing “More”
- Select Notifications from the settings options.
- Choose one of the features or services that is displayed.
- Then, switch off to disable off the notifications off.
You may also opt for silent notifications if frustrated by constantly recurring reminders. Follow these steps to choose silent notifications:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Visit and click the devices icon that is at the bottom.
- Tap on Sounds> Notifications
- You can turn off the notification sound by pressing the None button.
You won’t have to listen to the messages however, the flashing yellow light could continue to flash.
Deleting Voice History On Alexa
While you’re at it right now, why not erase all data that could be compromising your privacy. Recent updates to Alexa Alexa App have made the process of deleting your voice conversations, voice history as well as other data more simple.
Prior to the update, deletion of any Alexa history was quite a hassle and was a daunting task. Here’s how to remove the history of your conversations i.e. all conversations you have engaged in with Alexa. As always, there are two options to go about it.
Through Voice Command
It is easy to activate the ability to deliver voice history via voice commands. When activated, Alexa will be able to erase your voice history using voice commands such as “Alexa, delete what I just said” or “Alexa delete everything I’ve said today or “Alexa delete all voice histories”.
To delete your voice history with voice commands, you must follow these steps:
- Launch the Alexa application Go to Settings via on the menu bar.
- Visit Alexa Account>> Alexa Privacy > Check the voice history.
- Switch on ‘ Enable Detection by Voice to allow the deletion of voice recordings using voice commands.
Once you’ve enabled it, you can erase your voice history using voice commands that are easy and precise. According to Alexa the day starts at midnight and it will erase any voice recordings recorded prior to the time of the day when you ask to erase the voice history of today.
Through The Alexa App
For greater flexibility and convenience you can also erase voice history by hand using Alexa. Alexa app. To do this you need to follow these steps:
- Start Alexa. Open the Alexa app and then go to Settings by using menu bar. Menu bar.
- Go to Alexa Account > History
It will show a complete listing of interactions, and additional options under it. By tapping on any interaction, it will give you various options, including listening to the recording in order for you to hear it as well as dates and times of the interaction and the option to delete voice recordings’.
You must open each of the interactions in order to delete them.
Additionally, not only you , but also everyone else of the household can opt to listen to the recordings of your prior interactions through Alexa. In addition, anyone who has access to the Alexa app is able to use the recordings. So the removal of them is a great option for those who want to safeguard your privacy.
How To Disable Alexa Voice Recording?
However, if the voice recordings were not recorded initially it is possible to erase the recordings. If you do not wish for Alexa to record chats with you you could remove Alexa’s voice recordings. Alexa recorded voice messages.
To achieve this, you must follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Click on Settings beneath on the Menu bar.
- Go to Alexa Account> Alexa Privacy
- Then, tap “Manage how you can improve your data Alexa’
- Turn off the ‘help in improving Amazon services and create new features’.
- Switch off the “use messages to enhance transcription’.
It’s confusing, However you can deactivate voice recordings from Alexa.
Deleting Messages On Alexa App
Alexa app receives messages just like your cell phone. When you reach a certain point you’ll have to consider deleting the messages. Fortunately, doing this via the Alexa app is a breeze.
Use these instructions to erase messages from your Alexa app:
- Open the Alex app
- Click on the tiny speech microphone located at the middle of the screen
- The list of conversations in progress will be displayed. Choose one of them to remove
- Swipe left to end the conversation.
- A red “Remove” button will show in the form of a confirmation message. Click it to end the conversation.
- Repeat this process for each conversation until they are all gone.
These were a few possible methods for deleting Alexa notifications, which will enable you to safeguard your privacy.
“Hey, My name is Richard Walker and I’ve been immersed in the world of technology for the past decade. During that time, I’ve had the opportunity to work on and support some of the most widely used products out there. With my extensive knowledge and experience, I know how to troubleshoot and fix any tech issues that may arise. I’m helping you find the answers you need, so don’t hesitate to reach visit our blog.