Are you thinking about what the reason is? Disney Plus is not working on your PS4?
It is true that the Disney Plus app is available on a variety of platforms, however it’s not exactly the similar. While the app that works on Android and iOS runs smoothly in general there is a distinct situation when you view the console aspect.
In the end, this Disney Plus app for Playstation 4 is prone to some odd errors, and the users are beginning to become frustrated.
What’s more troubling is that there isn’t a specific cause of the problem.
In the majority of cases, Disney Plus errors are caused by issues with the servers or the application running on your device may have underlying problems that need to be resolved by the developers.
But other aspects at your own end, such as how reliable your internet connection as well as third-party services may also impact the performance of your app.
There are a variety of reasons Disney Plus not to work on your PS4 Troubleshooting can be complicated, especially for the people who aren’t technical.
Luckily, you don’t need to fret because we have you covered.
With this article, we’ll explain exactly what you need to do in the event that Disney Plus is not working on your PS4.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Before getting into the more technical aspects first, let’s go over the basic. When you have issues with your Disney Plus app, the first step is to verify the status of the servers. Since the app is online and requires its servers to offer features and services.
To accomplish this, you’ll need third-party applications such as Downdetector. It’s a website which provides information regarding the status of apps such as Disney Plus, Netflix and many more. It also provides information on issues they’ve faced in the past on the site for reference.
If the servers are not working the best option you’ve are left with is to patiently wait for Disney to address the issue.
You can apply the remaining steps below and test to see if any of them work.
2. Try Watching Another Show.
Certain shows that are available on Disney Plus may encounter unexpected issues that cause them to be unavailable to play via the Playstation 4 platform. If a particular television show or movie does not work with your Playstation 4, try playing another show in the media library to see whether the issue is still there.
This way, you will be able to identify if the problem is on the whole platform or a specific show or specific shows on Disney Plus.
3. Lower the Stream Quality.
Another reason behind Disney Plus not working correctly on your PS4 is your internet connection. If your shows and movies are constantly buffering and your internet connection is slow, it may not be capable of handling the amount of bandwidth required to load the content.
In this instance we would suggest that you lower the quality of the stream in Disney Plus. Disney Plus app.
Follow the steps below to adjust the stream quality in the app:
- Then, you must open first the Disney Plus app on your PS4.
- Then, go to the menu on the side and choose Settings..
- Open and then go to the Application Settings.
- Then, you can change your Use of Data setting to Moderate or save data.
After that, return on Disney Plus and check if the issue is resolved.
4. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your user information could have experienced an issue or glitch that is temporary that has caused other features of the platform to stop working. In this instance it is recommended to log from your session. You can log in again within a couple of seconds to refresh the information.
The steps are below for you to sign up the account you have on PS4: Sign out your Disney Plus account on PS4:
- To begin, launch first the Disney Plus app on your Playstation 4..
- Then, go to the menu in the sidebar and start Settings..
- Then, press the Log outbutton on the bottom of the screen using your controller.
Make sure you wait for at least 2 minutes before you log in to Your Disney Plus account. Then, you can use the app in normal mode to determine whether the issue has been resolved.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Disney Plus requires a minimum broadband of 5 Mbps in order to access their platform with no issues. If you notice that the Disney Plus app is not running on your PS4 the network may be operating slow, or perhaps your current plan isn’t fast enough to meet the speed required.
To confirm this, run tests on your network with Fast.com to measure the speed of its download and upload.
If you find the connection slow, try restarting your router. Unplug the power cord of your router out of the wall socket, and allow your router to rest for 5-10 minutes. After that, plug into the power cord to switch on your router once more.
Conduct a speed test again for your connection to determine whether the issue is resolved.
However you should contact the service you use if you find that your connection continues to be slow, and ask them to solve the issue. You may also request an upgrade in the event that your current plan does not meet the minimum standards.
6. Restart Your PS4.
The issue could be in your Playstation’s operating system. When Disney Plus is not working on your PS4 it could be because the OS be experiencing a temporary issue that caused apps to fail.
To correct this issue to fix this, we recommend that reboot your PS4 by following the steps:
- Then, you need to start the PS4and connect to Powertab. Powertab on the main screen.
- Then, you can access to the Optionstab. Optionstab.
- Then, select the option to Restart PlayStation4 and then press your “O”or the X keyon your device to verify.
Then wait for the console to restart and then open your Disney Plus app again to verify if the issue is fixed.
7. Update Disney Plus.
This version available in Disney Plus on your Playstation 4 might have an underpinning issue which caused the app to function properly. In this scenario, Disney could already be aware of the issue and could release an update to fix the problem.
Following the below steps, you can upgrade Disney Plus on your PS4:
- Then, head to the main screen on your console, and look for Disney Plus.
- Then, choose Disney Plus using your controller. Press the Option button.
- Then, select to check for updates..
- Then you need to click the final button, press the or the X buttonto proceed. Follow the on-screen instructions to download the most recent Version of Disney Plus.
Once you’ve finished you are done, return to your profile and verify whether the issue is resolved.
8. Update Your PS4.
Try updating to the latest version of your PlayStation 4 as its software could have an issue that causes other programs such as Disney Plus not to work.
Take a look at the steps below for updating the software on your Playstation 4:
- If you have a PS4 Go to Settingsand start the the System Software Update.
- Once you have done that, click to Update Now..
- Follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade the version of your PlayStation 4.
Restart your PS4 after which you can return on Disney Plus to check if the app is working in a proper manner.
9. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If you tried updating the software on your PS4 as well as Disney Plus did not work We recommend that you install the app again onto your gadget. The installation files might be extremely corrupted and cannot be fixed with an update.
Follow the steps below to install Disney Plus on your PS4:
- Then, you need to open your console and select Disney Plus from the main screen.
- Then then, highlight the app with your controller. Press the Option button.
- Now, choose the option to deleteto remove Disney Plus.
- Finally, open your PS Store and then install the app.
Log into your account, and verify that you can see if the Disney Plus app is now running for you on the Playstation 4.
10. Reset Your PS4.
The settings on your PS4 could have been altered by apps, causing Disney Plus not to work. It’s also possible you’ve played with your console and accidentally changed certain settings.
If you are unable to find the correct settings, we suggest you just restart your PS4 to default settings in order to save time.
Follow the instructions for restoring the settings on your Playstation 4 to factory defaults:
- Then, you need to switch on first your PlayStation 4 and navigate to your Settings page.
- Now, go to the Initializationpage.
- Finally, click Restore the default settings. Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to proceed.
After you have finished, go back on Disney Plus to check if the issue has been resolved.
11. Change Your DNS.
DNS (also known as Domain Name System is a crucial component of the internet that is utilized in devices for connecting to web as well as application server. In the event that Disney Plus is not working on your PS4 the DNS of your ISP may be having issues, which causes problems the console connect to Disney Plus.
To correct this issue, you need to change your DNS settings and switch to different servers during the process. Follow the steps below to assist you:
- If you are using a PS4 Go to the main menu and select ‘ Setup Internet Connection‘.
- Then, click the Custom and connect to ‘ Personal WiFi‘.
- Then, choose DNSand select then the option Manual. option.
- Finally make sure you make sure you set your primary DNS to 184.108.40.206and 220.127.116.11 for Secondary DNS. Change other settings to automaticallyand save any modifications.
After that, return after that to Disney Plus to check if it’s working.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If you find that the Disney Plus app is still not running on your PS4 We recommend that you go to the Help Center and then contact customer support.
Your account could be suffering issues that need to be addressed by Disney’s side. If you reach out to their support team be sure to give them the required information, such as your account information and the device you are using and a picture of the issue to expedite the process.
However you can also peruse the help guides available at the Help Center and look for any useful information.
This concludes our guide to solving Disney Plus if it is not working properly on your PS4. If you have any questions or have other questions do not hesitate to leave your comment below and we’ll be sure to assist you.
“Hey, My name is Richard Walker and I’ve been immersed in the world of technology for the past decade. During that time, I’ve had the opportunity to work on and support some of the most widely used products out there. With my extensive knowledge and experience, I know how to troubleshoot and fix any tech issues that may arise. I’m helping you find the answers you need, so don’t hesitate to reach visit our blog.