On your television, you absolutely need to have at least one application that streams videos, and these streaming services provide us with the means to watch our preferred programs whenever and wherever we want. One of them is called Discovery+, and it is a single streaming service that offers more than 60,000 episodes of classic television programming. All of the content that its parent company, Discovery, has produced is included in this service. Many individuals are interested in having Discovery+ content streamed on their televisions due to the low cost of the service. The good news is that we can provide you with the most up-to-date and cutting-edge methods for accessing Discovery Plus on your Vizio smart TV.
When will Discovery plus be available on Vizio smart TV?
If you look through a number of different guides on the Internet, you will discover that each and every one of them asserts that the Discovery Plus app is incompatible with Vizio Smart TVs. In point of fact, it is correct that Discovery Plus did not support Vizio when it first launched in the early part of 2021; however, beginning on December 16, 2021, Discovery Plus will be available on the VIZIO SmartCast platform. In addition, Vizio’s SmartCast features an exclusive content showcase that is only accessible through Discovery Plus. Users are able to locate shows on a wide variety of subjects by utilizing their preferences as well as the recommendations of other users.
Note that the Discovery+ app is only accessible on VIZIO Smart TVs that were manufactured in 2017 or later.
How to get Discovery plus on Vizio smart TV?
We have a wide variety of options available to simplify the process of adding Discovery Plus to your Vizio smart TV.
Get Discovery plus on Vizio smart TV via Vizio SmartCast
If your Vizio TV was manufactured in 2017 or later, downloading the Discovery Plus app is a straightforward process. There is no need to download anything, as you can locate Discovery+ directly on SmartCast, where you can also view a showcase of exclusive Discovery+ content and recommendations from Vizio.
1. Power on your Vizio TV, then press the Home button on the remote. This will bring up the home page for the Vizio SmartCast app.
2. If SmartCast is not already set as your default screen, you can switch your TV to the SmartCast input by clicking the Input button on your remote control.
3. To locate the applications, you can use the orientation button on your remote control.
4. Navigate to the Discovery+ app; this application does not need to be downloaded because it is already a part of SmartCast.
5. Launch Discovery+ and begin watching the content of your choice.
Get Discovery plus on Vizio smart TV via Apple AirPlay (IOS devices)
If you are an iOS user, you can use AirPlay to cast Discovery+ content from any of your iOS devices to your TV using the Vizio SmartCast TV because Apple AirPlay 2 is available in the Vizio SmartCast TV.
1. Obtain the Discovery+ app for your iOS device, either an iPhone or an iPad.
2. Join the same Wi-Fi network that your Vizio TV is using on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Using your iOS device, sign in and verify your account.
4. Once you have successfully logged in, open Discovery Plus and begin playing the content of your choice.
5. Navigate to the top right of the screen and select the AirPlay cast icon.
6. You can now watch all of your favorite shows on the television you own.
Get Discovery plus on Vizio smart TV via Apple AirPlay (Macbook)
Casting content from your computer to your Vizio TV using Airplay is possible if you are logged into Discovery Plus on your Macbook and are using the Airplay feature.
1. Launch the System Preferences application on your Macbook, then navigate to the Display-Menu bar and select the Display Mirror option.
2. Look at the icon for Airplay that is located atop the MacBook. (You’ll find it right next to the icon for the wireless network.)
3. Make a selection from the drop-down menu corresponding to your Vizio Smartcast TV.
4. When you first connect your TV to your Mac, it will ask you for a code that appears on your TV. You will need to enter this code into the Mac.
5. After logging in to the web-based version of discovery plus, play the content that you enjoy the most.
Get Discovery plus on Vizio smart TV via Google Chromecast (Android devices)
You’ll be happy to know that the Vizio SmartCast TV also supports Google’s Chromecast if you log into Discovery Plus using an Android device.
1. Go to the Google Play Store and search for the Discovery+ app. Once you find it, download it and install it on any Android device you have.
2. Join the same wireless network as your Vizio SmartCast TV using either your smartphone or tablet.
3. Launch the app on your device and sign in to your Discovery+ account.
4. Once you have located the content you wish to play, open it and then click the cast icon located in the upper right hand corner.
5. Select the Vizio TV you want to use. You can proceed to watch the content on your TV at this time.
How to get Discovery plus on old Vizio smart TV? (Without SmartCast)
Getting Discovery+ is simple when you use the method described above and provide that you have a newer model of a Vizio SmartCast TV. However, things get more complicated if you have an older Vizio TV, such as a model from before 2017, because it is possible that it does not have Airplay or Chromecast capabilities. But you don’t need to worry about that because we still have a way for you to watch Discovery Plus content on your older Vizio TV.
Even though they lack Airplay or Chromecast, some Vizio TVs still have the ability to cast, whereas some of the company’s older models may not have any casting capabilities at all. You can connect your computer to the television via HDMI even if your TV does not have a casting feature.
1. Using an HDMI cable, connect your personal computer to the older Vizio TV.
2. Navigate to the TV’s menu of settings and make sure the appropriate video channel is selected. (coincides with the HDMI input port that you are currently utilizing)
3. On your personal computer, right-click anywhere on the screen, and then select Display > Output to > TV.
4. Using the browser on your personal computer, log in to Discovery Plus, and then play your game of choice.
How much does Discovery Plus cost?
More than 60,000 episodes of programming, such as documentaries, reality shows, cooking shows, and more are available to subscribers of Discovery Plus, who can choose between two different subscription plans. A free trial period of one week is provided by both choices.
• Discovery Plus (ad-lite), which includes advertisements, costs $4.99 per month.
• Discovery Plus without advertisements: $9.99 per month
Deals and Special Offers:
• Students, veterans, and active duty and retired military personnel are eligible for a discount of 40% off the standard (Ad-lite) monthly price of Discovery Plus, which is only $2.99.
Discovery Plus is provided at no cost to customers who subscribe to the unlimited data plan from Verizon Wireless.
Is there a difference between Discovery go and Discovery plus?
Discovery Go and Discovery Plus are not interchangeable; the following highlights the key distinctions between the two services:
1. Discovery Plus is an independent streaming service platform that is only currently offered in the United States.
2. Discovery has released an application called Discovery Go that allows users to watch live streaming content. In order to gain access to Discovery Go, you are required to have a paid subscription to a cable or satellite TV service that comes with a channel package that includes Discovery Go.
3. If you want to use Discovery Go, you will have to pay a fee to your television service provider, and if you want to use Discovery Plus, you will need a separate subscription on top of that.
You can get Discovery Plus from SmartCast if you have a new Vizio SmartCast TV, or you can cast Discovery Plus content from your mobile device to your TV using AirPlay or Chromecast. Both of these options are available to you if you have a new Vizio SmartCast TV. You can also connect your computer to your Vizio TV using HDMI if you have an older model of TV. This will allow you to watch Discovery Plus programming on your computer.