Having a headset for music and games is now a necessity for many. But having a big head can restrict you from buying this beautiful device.
Generally, companies that deal with the manufacturing of headphones create a single size headphone that normally feels tight to those who have a large head.
Keeping the above issue in mind several companies have stepped forward to make headphones for big head gamers and melophiles out there. Let’s check out a few of the best headphones designed for the big head population.
Before taking the size factor into consideration, let’s find out what are the other features that make a headphone stand out among its competitors.
1. Drivers :
Drivers are the parts present inside the headphone like a magnet, diaphragm, and a voice coil. Bigger drivers can get you better sound.
2. Impedance :
The headphones require the power to perform. Most headphones are built for mobile phones, perform brilliantly with low power. But a few headphones require more power, built for PCs, Laptops, hence when connected to a lower power source, they will not give their best.
3. Frequency Response :
The range of frequency a headphone can generate is called frequency response. Generally, headphones support 20Hz – 20000 Hz range of frequencies, where the lower unit is bass and the upper unit is treble.
4. Sensitivity :
The ear is a sensitive part of our body. If the sound we hear is more than its capacity, it can damage our ears temporarily or permanently.
So taking the above fact into consideration, headphones are installed with sensors. The role of those sensors is to regulate the volume your earphone delivers.
5. Cord :
You must have seen two types of headset in the market. One corded and another one cordless. What’s the difference between a corded and cordless earphone?
The corded earphones are connected to mobiles or computers using a cord. Whereas the cordless headphones are connected using the bluetooth feature.
6. Design and Comfort :
Every person wants to flaunt their devices, whether a phone or a headphone. So a well designed, beautifully colored headphone is required to please our eyes.
Besides design, comfort needs to be the first priority. You might be fond of songs but if something keeps pressing your ears and your head, you won’t enjoy at all. So getting an exact size or resizable headphones is a must.
Now, let’s get back to the topic we will be discussing further. We have listed 10 best headphones for big heads.***
|Sennheiser HD 650|| Sennheiser HD 650||Sennheiser HD 650||Check On Amazon|
|Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro|| Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro||Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro||Check On Amazon|
|Status Audio CB-1|| Status Audio CB-1||Status Audio CB-1||Check On Amazon|
|Bose Soundlink II|| Bose Soundlink II||SOUNDLINK AE WIRELESS HP II B||Check On Amazon|
|HyperX Cloud II|| HyperX Cloud II ||Cloud II||Check On Amazon|
|Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-ear Headphones|| Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-ear Headphones||Philips SHP9500||Check On Amazon|
|KRK KNS 8400 Studio Headphones|| KRK KNS 8400 Studio Headphones||KNS 8400||Check On Amazon|
|Sony MDR1AM2 Overhead Headphones|| Sony MDR1AM2 Overhead Headphones||Sony MDR1AM2||Check On Amazon|
|Shure SRH440 Studio Headphones|| Shure SRH440 Studio Headphones||Shure SRH440||Check On Amazon|
|Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro Studio Headphones|| Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro Studio Headphones||Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO||Check On Amazon|
Here are the Big Headphones for Big Heads
1. Sennheiser HD 650
This headphone is a great studio headphone. They produce an amazing sound that is smooth and relaxing to hear. Its design is highly attractive and will make you feel like a luxury. The ear cushions are padded and are made up of velour. The cushion provides immense comfort while wearing the headphone. Matching both ears drivers’ tolerance is a great task for the manufacturers and reaching its accuracy will be an achievement. But Sennheiser has done a great job, as they had precisely matched the left and right driver tolerance. To avoid any distortion, manufacturers have used computer optimization techniques for magnet systems.
- The headphone has a detachable OFC copper cable of 3-meter length and ¼ inch plug.
- As it is a studio headphone, it has an impedance of 300 Ohm.
- Other than all these technical features, it is lightweight, weighs around 260g, and fits all head sizes.
- The frequency response is amazing i.e 12 Hz – 41000 Hz. It has a 102dB maximum sound pressure level.
2. Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
If you are looking for a headphone that can provide you best audio quality at your home, then Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro is the best option you have currently.
This headphone by Beyerdynamic is designed beautifully and precisely to provide more accuracy to its users. It is a versatile performer and for versatile use, it has three different versions. The 32-ohm version is highly recommended for mobile devices, while the 250-ohm version is for the home stereo system. And if you want to connect it to the HiFi system, get the 600-ohm variant.
- The manufacturers had kept users comfort in mind as they have used breathable and skin-friendly velour for cushioning the ears.
- Its semi-open design helps in delivering each and every component of music clearly.
- The bass is on point with a beautiful concert-like feeling. The headset has a connection cable of length 3m with a 3.5 mm plug.
- The awesomeness of the headphone increases as it is comfortable for all of its users.
3. Status Audio CB-1 :
Status Audio CB-1, and affordable performer. It is designed for studio use and also the results are great while gaming too.
Status Audio CB-1 did a great job of providing comfort to its users. The ears and headband are extra padded for not having stress while wearing. The audio quality this set delivers is awesome for the users in this price range.
- It might not have so many features like other headphones with a higher price but had done its homework in improving its lacking features.
- It is featured with two detachable cords, one is a straight cable while the other is coiled for better durability.
- It does not feature sound cancellation, hence can not be recommended for outside use.
- Another awesome feature it has, it is collapsible.
- Overall, it’s a great, pocket-friendly, high performer and fits in every size head.
4. Bose Soundlink II
Are you irritated with tangled headphone coils? I think you need this Bose soundlink II bluetooth headphone. Bose soundlink is an awesome invention for the best sound under an affordable budget. It is best to recommend for listening to music as it’s exclusive technology produces deep and relaxing sound.
- Even during calls, the speakers maintain the naturality of voice.
- It is easy to switch in between two Bluetooth connected devices.
- It is installed with a lithium-ion battery which lasts up to 15 hours on a single charge. Along with the headset, the box contains charging tools as well.
- The earcup is equipped with several buttons to regulate several functions on different devices.
- Buying this headphone can be a good choice as it is really very comfortable, lightweight and it even fits in larger heads. It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
5. HyperX Cloud II
This headset is a gamers’ delight. What extra a gamer demands if he has a headphone with an advanced audio control box. Get detailed inside the game sound for a better gaming experience. With a sensitivity of 98dB, frequency response of 15Hz – 25kHz, and impedance of 60 ohms, this headset is always ready to help its users.
- Along with performance, it focuses on comfort too.
- The ear cups are padded with 100% memory foam.
- Along with this, you get options to change ear pads with two interchangeable pads depending upon your comfort.
- Also, the closed cup feature allows in passive cancellation of noise.
- Use this headphone on PCs, Xbox, PS4, Mac, or consoles, this won’t let you down anywhere.
- At last, this is a great, lightweight, fits in every size and awesome performing headphone that is best for gaming and other purposes too.
6. Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-ear Headphones
Philips is doing a great job in manufacturing sound systems. Philips SHP9500 can not be neglected by a music lover for its high precision sound quality produced by big 50mm drivers. It has well balanced and neutral bass and trebles and has good audio reproduction capability.
- These headphones will give a theater-like feeling within a room.
- But are not recommended for outside use due to its open ear cups. Perform at their best while using indoors.
- This can take several drops without being damaged, all thanks to its build-in material.
- The headset is very much comfortable with well-cushioned earpads and headband for all-day use.
- They are lightweight, don’t feel like wearing something heavy on the head, and also fit in every head size.
7. KRK KNS 8400 studio headphones
Whether you work in your personal studio or in a commercial studio, this headphone is a bang for the creators. KRK KNS8400 build to give its users a hassle-free sound of top-notch quality.
The comfort is always the first priority and keeping this fact in mind, they have padded earpiece with memory foam that shapes itself into the user’s head structure.
- Also for more convenient and smooth use for the long run, KNS has added detachable cables as well as detachable ear cushions.
- For easier storage, the earpiece rotates 90° to take minimum space.
- The product is mostly built of plastic and hence it feels light while wearing it.
- Experience the headphones in a better way with it’s lower bass to higher treble range I.e 1.5 – 4kHz. And preferred by many composers, artists, and others.
- This studio headphone is a great invention for music lovers and no matter what’s the size of your head is, you will experience the highest comfort.
8. Sony MDR1AM2 Wired High-Resolution Audio Overhead Headphones
Sound Systems and SONY, are like Romeo and Juliet. Most of the smartphone companies Sony speakers. Sony home theaters are also the best in the market. When it comes to headphones, it’s no way back. Sony is leading and one of the oldest producers of sound system has developed a beautiful and powerful beast SONY MDR1AM2 headphone.
- This is a closed dynamic type headphone that has a 1.57-inch dome-type driver
- For the best sound quality, a neodymium magnet is used in the building of drivers. The diaphragm is aluminum coated for max durability.
- The impedance value of SONY MDR1AM2 is 16 ohm, which can be used in any device, starting from mobile phones to PCs.
- The frequency response is excellent starting from 3Hz – 1 lakh Hz.
- It is a cabled earphone, with a detachable cord system.
- The cord length is around 3.94 feet and ¼ inch plug is also connected to the cable.
- For the best comfort, Sony uses soft and synthetic leather pads with cushions filled inside. It also fits in every size with no exception.
9. Shure SRH440 Professional studio Headphones
To record something in a studio, it requires two things first, one is a mic and the other one is a headphone. So if you are planning to do it on a professional level, having some high-quality products won’t be a bad choice.
- Shure SRH440 is one such accessory that will help you to define your professionalism.
- This device by Shure reproduces sounds exceptionally, precisely designed, and optimized for recording purposes.
- The device is fixed with 40mm neodymium drivers for delivery of better audio quality.
- The frequency response, sensitivities are well coordinated for cooperating with any consumer audio devices.
- It has 3m long coiled detachable cables for easy movements.
- The earpieces are well cushioned and made comfortable to wear for any size user.
10. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
If you are searching for budget versatile headphones, this headphone is your stop then.
Beyerdynamic continuing it’s production of best in class headphones has produced a well designed and budget-friendly headphone with different variations for different purposes. These are closed-back headphones that work with precision and most flexible with sounds. They are equipped with 45 mm neodymium magnet drivers for the best sound output.
- It can respond to frequency within a vast range of 5Hz – 35kHz. Based on the impedance value, it has four different variants.
- For mobile use, it has a 16-ohm variant, while for mobile and laptops 32-ohm variety is produced.
- The 80-ohm variant allows for versatile use within the studio and the 250-ohm variant is for HiFi uses.
- The cord length is 3m for all variants except for the 16-ohm variant, it is 1.6 m.
- It also has a gold plated stereo jack and a ¼ inch plug.
- It is an over-ear style headphone which is 270g in weight.
- Well-cushioned ear pads and flexible headband provides the best comfort to the users.
With the advancement of technology, headphone brands made it possible to produce variable size headphones. Big head guys will no more be an exception from using best-in-class headsets.